DescriptionUsingDescription of fieldsMeshesTerrainsTexturesManual Light Setup for Capture Mode - CameraIntegration with third party assetsHuge TextureRelief Terrain PackUpdating versionsTroubleshootingSupportOther Infinity Code assetsHuge TextureOnline MapsReal World TerrainTerrain Quality ManageruContext (FREE, PRO)uPanoFinal wordsLinks
Thanks for using Mesh to Terrain! Don't forget to leave a review on the store page if you liked it, this helps us a lot! https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/terrain/mesh-to-terrain-7271
Mesh to Terrain is a tool for easily and quickly converting a 3D terrain model created in 3ds Max, Terragen or any other editor to Unity Terrains. Also, Mesh to Terrain can convert textures to Terrain Layers, generate terrain from several models and split the model into several terrains.
Important: before starting, please make sure that your model has an Index Format - 16 bits. Otherwise, when the mesh has more than 65k vertices, Physic.Raycast is unstable and may cause the editor to freeze at any time.
Add your model that you want to convert into Terrain into the scene. The number of models is not limited, and they can have any nesting.
Important: Your model can be of any shape, but the resulting Unity Terrain will always be rectangular. Keep this in mind when converting non-rectangular models.
Select the menu item «Window / Infinity Code / Mesh to Terrain», to open Mesh to Terrain window. Or right-click on the object you want to convert in the Hierarchy window and select Convert Mesh To Terrain from the context menu.
Specify the required settings, click «Start» and wait for the conversion. Depending on your computer performance, the number of pieces and settings it can take from a few seconds to several minutes.
Important: If the model has a collider, other than «Mesh Collider», it can be converted incorrectly. To solve the problem, remove the collider component from models.
List of mesh, which will be converted into terrains, and general conversion settings.
Mesh select type - how you want to define a models for the conversion:
Direction - the direction of raytracing:
Y Range - desired range of heights:
Contains settings for created Terrains.
If «Type - New Terrains» is selected, then there are additional settings:
Count - Number of terrains you want to get.
Bounds - Type boundary of the model:
New terrains settings - settings for every new terrain. You can read more in Unity documentation. https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/terrain-OtherSettings.html
Use smoothing of height maps - Smoothes the resulting heightmap for all terrains.
Holes - rules of work with areas where the height is unknown (holes and the edge of the model, if the model is not rectangular):
Mesh to Terrain can optionally generate one texture for each Terrains.
Mesh to Terrain has two modes for generating textures:
Auto Setup Lighting - automatically setup lighting in the scene for Capture Mode - Camera, and after conversion restores its original state.
There are many ways to setup the lighting in a scene.
The simplest and best result:
After conversion, you can enable the lights, and return Environment Lighting / Source - Skybox.
Third party assets are not included in Mesh to Terrain and must be purchased separately.
Huge Texture allows you to generate textures up to 2GB (0.715 gigapixels, 26624x26624px for square textures without transparency).
Integration with Huge Texture is automatically enabled when importing Huge Texture into a project. Select «Mesh to Terrain / Textures / Result Type - Huge Texture», and specify the page size, number of columns and rows.
Huge Texture has several limitations:
Integration with Relief Terrain Pack is disabled by default.
Import Relief Terrain Pack to your project. Open Mesh to Terrain. Select Third-party / Enable Relief Terrain Pack.
No settings Relief Terrain Pack is required. If you have any questions about Relief Terrain Pack, you can find answers in the documentation of Relief Terrain Pack.
Important: Relief Terrain Pack is not compatible with Huge Texture, and you won't see the benefits of Relief Terrain Pack when generating Huge Texture.
If you want to remove Relief Terrain Pack from the project, you should first disable it in Mesh to Terrain (Third-party / Disable Relief Terrain Pack).
If you forget to disable Relief Terrain Pack and removed it, then you will see errors in the console. To manually remove support of Relief Terrain Pack, open Player Settings (Edit / Project Settings / Player) and remove the corresponding entry from «Scripting Define Symbols».
We send to Unity Asset Store only stable versions. Renewal period is several months.
Mesh to Terrain has a built-in update system, using which you can get early access to all versions and updates.
Click «Window / Infinity Code / Mesh to Terrain / Check Updates», to open window checking for updates. Enter your Invoice Number, select a channel of updates and click «Check New Versions».
If updates are available, you can read the list of changes and download the update.
If you have any problems with installing the update, then:
After starting you get the error border or nothing happens.
There are two reasons for this:
Terrains not correspond to the models axis Y.
Scale up the model several times.
New terrains have a insufficient resolution / accuracy.
You cannot see the grass or trees.
You receive an error «Selected meshes not in the scene», and the model is in the scene.
Please make sure that you choose a model from the tab «Scene».
Conversion process freeze at some percentage
Please make sure your model has an Index Format of 16 bits. Otherwise, when the mesh has more than 65k vertices, Physic.Raycast is unstable and may cause the editor to freeze at any time.
If you have something does not work, you find a bug, or you have a suggestion, please contact us.
Please, specify your version of Unity, OS, and the current version of Mesh to Terrain.
We strive to answer all emails in the customer support within 24 hours.
Huge Texture allows you to import and use textures larger than 8192x8192px.
How it works: When importing a texture, Huge Texture splits the texture into pages and saves it as a Texture Array. Texture Array is combined on the shader side, which does not create extra draw calls and has almost no effect on performance.
Online Maps is a universal multi-platform mapping solution for your 2D, 3D, AR / VR and mobile applications and games.
Fully customizable, incredibly easy to learn and use, and at the same time is one of the most powerful and flexible solutions in the industry.
Supports a huge number of services for any mapping needs, and has integration with the best Asset Store assets.
The package contains the complete source code without dependencies, and if you want to add or change some feature, you can easily do it.
Don't have programming experience or don't know C# - Online Maps supports visual scripting using Bolt and Playmaker.
All the features to create any map in Unity in one asset.
Real World Terrain is a tool for automatically creating high-quality terrains, meshes, Gaia stamps and RAW files based on real-world data with global coverage. Incredibly fast and easy to use, and allows you to create high-quality terrains in a couple of clicks. In addition, Real World Terrain can create buildings, roads, trees, grass, and rivers based on Open Street Map data. Real World Terrain is incredibly powerful and flexible. It has a powerful Editor API to automate the generation of terrains, and Runtime API positioning objects by coordinates, etc. Real World Terrain has integration with the best assets of the Asset Store, which gives almost unlimited possibilities in the generation of terrains.
Texture providers: ArcGIS, DigitalGlobe, Map Quest, Mapbox, Mapy.CZ, Nokia Maps (here.com), Virtual Earth (Bing Maps), Open Street Map , Sentinel-2 + ability to download tiles from custom url;
Can create: Unity Terrains, Meshes, Gaia stamps, RAW files;
Can generate regular textures and Huge Texture (up to 26624x26624px) for each terrain.
Can generate Terrain Layers based on Mapbox vector tile data;
Can create objects based on Open Street Map:
A tool to select area directly on Google Maps;
A lot of extra tools for working with coordinates, objects and postprocessing;
Unlimited number of generated terrains;
Integration (optional): BuildR, EasyRoads3D Pro v3, Gaia 2, Gaia Pro, Huge Texture, Online Maps, Playmaker, R.A.M 2019, Relief Terrain Pack, Road Architect, uContext Basic, uContext Pro, Vegetation Studio, Vegetation Studio Pro, VolumeGrass, WorldStreamer.
Terrain Quality Manager allows you to change the resolution of Heightmap, Detailmap, Alphamap and Basemap, without losing data. If you need to increase the quality of terrain, or optimize terrain for better performance, with this tool you can do it.
uContext Basic (FREE): https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/level-design/ucontext-basic-182221
uContext PRO (PAID): https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/level-design/ucontext-pro-141831
uContext is Editor PowerPack that take your workflow in Unity Editor to a next level, simplifies working with content, adds new features to the editor, corrects and improves the editor’s built-in behaviors. Over 40 useful tools for everyone in one asset. Make your usual actions with lightning speed with uContext.
- Universal context menu which is available everywhere in Unity Editor and allows you to quickly open the most useful windows, open components, create objects, add components, navigate and perform many more useful actions.
- Object Toolbar for accessing the components of the selected GameObject and importers of the asset. The most useful editor opens automatically when the Object is selected. Can display related components: components that are on another GameObject but are logically related to the current one.
- Quick Access Bar for quickly opening a window, scriptable objects, settngs, executing a menu item, and calling static methods.
- WAILA (What Am I Looking At) + Smart Selection. WAILA displays one or all GameObjects under the cursor, and allows you to quickly find any object, even if it is hidden behind another object. Smart Selection allows you to quickly select any object that WAILA shows.
- Object Placer allows you to easily and quickly create objects in the scene. Just point to the place where you want to create the object and press CTRL + SHIFT + Right Click.
- Ability to open any component in a separate window. The component will be displayed as if it were part of an inspector. Custom editors and third-party assets that modify the inspector (like Odin - Inspector and Serializer) are supported. It has a debug mode where only serialized fields will be displayed. The component will always be available, even if GameObject has lost focus.
- View Gallery - displaying images from all cameras in the scene and all View States, with the ability to set the view from the camera or View State with one click. In addition, you can save View States for selection, and quickly restore it.
- Quick Preview shows the image from cameras and View States in Scene View. Allows you to quickly view the scene from different angles, and adjust the scene view in one click.
- Bookmarks for any objects in a scene or project, allow you to always keep your most needed objects at hand. In addition, you can store folders from the project in bookmarks, which gives you almost limitless possibilities for organizing content.
- The ability to quickly switch between open windows, even when the current window is maximized.
- Recent windows allows you to quickly open windows that are not closed recently.
- Favorite Windows allows you to create your own list of windows that are most useful to you and open them with one click. Built-in Unity Editor windows and third party asset windows are supported.
- Smart Search for GameObjects and Components in the scene, assets in the project, and items in the menu. Extra search features: Fuzzy search: allows you to search by characters and parts of a word, for example, enter «pw» to find «Project Window». Search by type: Enter «:» and the type of object (in whole or in part) to search by type. For example, «wa:te» will find «08. Waila» texture in the project, or «DL:go» will find «Directional Light» GameObject in the scene. Drag and Drop: You can drag and drop objects from search results into a scene or inspector.
- Selection History - uContext stores a history of object selections in the scene and project, and you can quickly switch between entries.
- Duplicate Tool allows you to fill lines and areas with duplicates of selected objects.
Additional features: - Align & Distribute Tools; - Auto switch to maximized Game View on enter playmode when Scene View is maximized; - Components in Hierarchy + display components errors and exceptions on Hierarchy; - Displays the icon of the best component, instead of the standard GameObject icon in the hierarchy; - Displaying position, rotation and scale in Scene View when using the appropriate tools; - Displaying the size of selected objects; - Distance Tool; - Drop To Floor + Advanced Drop To Floor; - Editor Icon Browser; - Fast switching between Scene View and Game View (CTRL + SHIFT + TAB); - Fast zoom in / out scene view; - Frame Selected Bounds; - Grouping and ungrouping GameObjects; - Jump To Point; - Quick replacement GameObjects; - Recent Scenes; - Rename by Shortcut + Mass Rename; - Rotate by Shortcut; - Select Prefab Instances; - Temporary objects. Allows you to create temporary objects that will be destroyed at start the scene; - Transform Editor Tools; - Integration with Enhanced Hierarchy, Fullscreen Editor, Online Maps, ProGrids, Real World Terrain; - Built-in update system.
Improves the built-in behavior of the Unity Editor: - Drag and drop objects onto Canvas; - Add Component by shortcut; - Change the size of the brush Terrain Editor using the mouse wheel; - Maximize Game View in playmode by SHIFT + Space; - Maximize any window by F11.
uContext is fully customizable. If a feature does not fit your workflow, you can adjust or disable this feature.
uPano (Unity Panoramic Framework) is a universal solution for displaying dynamic and static panoramas, and creating virtual tours. uPano is very easy to learn and use, and is great for people who do not have programming experience. Visual Tour Maker lets you create virtual tours in minutes. In most usage scenarios, you can make interactive panoramas without creating your own scripts. If you have some very specific purpose, uPano has a powerful and easy-to-use API that will allow you to implement any behavior. Most of the existing types of panoramas are supported: spherical, cylindrical, cubic panoramas on single or six images, cubemap.
Supported platforms: Standalone, iOS, Android (including Google VR), Universal Windows Platform, WebGL. Other platforms have not been tested, but most likely uPano will work well.
We sincerely hope that you will enjoy using Mesh to Terrain. If you have any questions or problems, please contact us. We will try to help you as quickly as possible.
Please don't forget to leave a review on the store page if you liked Mesh to Terrain, this helps us a lot! It is very important for us to have feedback to make our assets better.