The component is flexible control of importer settings of assets.
Supported types of assets: Texture, Model, Audio, Movie, TrueType Font.
Select the menu item «Window / Infinity Code / Importer Rules», to open the component.
Create a new rule, select the type of Asset and the desired settings. If necessary, specify the path. Save the rule.
When you import a new Asset, or re-import existing importer settings will be applied first matching rule.
Important: Applies only the first matching rule. The remaining rules are ignored. Place rules with restriction on path earlier than the rules apply to all assets.
«Importer Rules» Window
- Show / hide rule settings.
- Enable / disable the rule.
- Name of the rule.
- Type of the rule.
- Move rule up.
- Move rule down.
- Apply the rule to the exists assets.
- Edit rule.
- Create a copy of the rule.
- Delete rule.
- Rule settings.
- Display a message on the console when applying the rules.
«Rules Editor» Window
- Name of the rule.
- Type of asset to which the rule will apply.
- Type of asset path verification:
- All assets.
- Starting with the specified string.
- Containing the specified string.
- Regular expression.
- Importing settings.
If you want the rule to apply to the asset located in a specific folder, or have a specific name, you can specify a field «Path comparer»:
- All Assets – rule will apply to all assets.
- Start With – The rule will apply to all assets whose path starts with the specified string.
- Contains – The rule will apply to all assets whose path contains the specified string.
- Regex – The rule will apply to all assets whose path matches the specified regular expression.
Important: All paths case insensitive. Check occurs in the lower case.
Important: Paths are relative to the folder «Assets». For example, for a file «c:\MyProject\Assets\Resources\SomeImage.png», will be the path «resources/someimage.png».
Create a rule based on the existing asset
If you want to create a rule with the import settings as an existing Asset:
- Select Asset in the window «Project»;
- Click the right mouse button;
- Click «Create Importer Rule from Asset».